Skip to main content

You Are Amazing



Hello everyone! Erica back on the blog today, with my second to last post for October. Honesty, if someone could tell me where this year has gone, that would be great. These last few months in particular have just flown by!

Today I've got a card for you made with the stamp set, Just A Rose . It’s such a stunning stamp set and those label sentiments are fab too.



Let's get to it, shall we? I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do for this post, always a great start, huh? All I knew was that it had to be pink, since we are using pink to raise awareness for breast cancer with October being breast cancer awareness month and all. What I tend to do when I'm floundering about without much mojo or an idea right off the bat, is to stamp up the stamps I intend on using and start colouring. Something usually jumps out at me and ends up being a card. This time, I stamped up the flower on water colour paper with first Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and then VersaMark ink on top so I could heat emboss a clear embossing powder over it. Then I sat down and started colouring using my Zig markers. I've not had them long but I looooove them!

I used a little bit of yellow in the middle and on the inner bits of the petals and then went to town with my pink markers to blend in the colours. It ended up looking a bit like a peony actually, something I didn't realise until when I stepped back to look at it. By then I felt it was too late to change it or even cover it up so I just went with it. Not that it looked bad or anything, it just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it. The leaves I could still make to look the way nature intended so that's what I did.

Well, once it was all finished and dry, I cut a stitched rectangle out of the piece I had coloured on. For simple yet stunning panelling on cards I like using the Femme Frames from Mama Elephant. You can use any dies you have that are slightly different sizes for easy and elegant layering, no need to buy new dies if you have lovely ones already. The next piece I cut out was the scalloped part and that was glued directly to the back of my coloured piece.

For the sentiment, I used one of the label stamps from the set, 'You are Amazing', and stamped that with black ink directly on the panel. As my Memento Tuxedo black ink pad is running a bit dry, I had to stamp several times to get a good impression. Thank goodness for the MISTI for easy stamping and good quality stamps from Kennedy Grace Creations for fab coverage. I have label stamps from other companies and it's hard to get a good impression without the sentiment getting lost or smeared. Not so at all with these! I must have stamped at least 5 times before giving up on that ink pad but you can still easily see what it says and it’s not smudged. I decided to make the sentiment pop a bit more by adding hot pink with a Zig marker.



As a couple of last finishing touches I glued the panel onto a card base using foam tape to make it less flat, it just didn’t look right (to me anyway) gluing it on and letting it be totally flat. A few sequins from the Moon Beam sequin mix got added too. I almost always use Glossy Accents to adhere sequins as it dries so quickly there is no need to worry they will fall off or even glide away.

This card ended up being very ‘clean and simple’, which doesn’t happen for me very often at all! I’m more of an ‘oh, there is an empty space, let's put something there’ kind of gal. Not adding anything else to this card and declaring it done was a challenge in itself for me. Just wait until you see my next card, it’s already done and completely opposite to this one!

However for now, that’s all from me. Except a friendly reminder to examine your breasts and get anything suspicious checked out. Better safe than sorry, ladies!

/Erica


Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som