Skip to main content

Almost one layer card with Roses


Hi everyone, Heidi here on the blog! Today I have this easy and fun roses card for you all:

I started this card by stamping the roses from the awesome Kennedy Grace Creations “Splendid Roses” stamp set onto Cornwall Aquarel paper (Grain Fin, bright white) after die cutting a stitched rectangle with one of my nesting dies. For stamping I used Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and my MISTI stamping tool (this aquarel paper is fairly smooth but to get even black lines I needed to ink up my stamp several times).

Next I started colouring the image with my Gansai Tambi 36 watercolour set, water and a regular brush. I used the following colours:  33 / 31 / 53 and 58. After all the watercolouring was dry I created some lighter accents with a white Uni-Ball Signo pen.

Then I started working on the background: I created a nice damask background with a foam applicator tool, Distress Ink in the colour “Weathered Wood” and a stencil from Scrapberry’s called “Damascus”, going lighter towards the edges of the rectangle panel. I also mixed the same colour Distress ink with some water, applying it with the same brush, making the edges around the roses darker to create the illusion that the roses are in front of the damask background. I adhered this panel to a slightly larger matching green die cut rectangle panel with liquid glue after edging the green panel with some Distress ink in the colour “Mowed Lawn”.


For the sentiment I stamped one of the sentiments from the Kennedy Grace Creations stamp set called “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose” onto some black card stock with Versamark ink and I heat embossed with Ranger “White” Super Fine Detail embossing powder. Next I die cut the sentiment with the smallest die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set and adhered the banner to the panel with the roses with Ranger medium matte, folding it to the back on the right hand side and adhering it to the back with regular tape.Then I adhered the combined rectangle panels to a white linen textured card base with one millimetre thick foam tape. 

I finished this card with some of the gorgeous Kennedy Grace Creations “Moonbeams” sequins (adhered with Ranger medium matte).

And that’s it for today, I hope you enjoyed!



Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som